Connect Festival will take place in the showgrounds of The Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh.
Royal Highland Centre
Opening Times (subject to change)
Car Parks - Friday 08:00 - Monday 12:00
Arena - Friday/Saturday/Sunday - 12:00 - 22:30
Campsite - Friday 09:00 - Monday 11:00 (subject to licence)
age policy & id
NO UNDER 5'S
5-15 year olds must be accompanied by an adult over 21 (1 adult minimum per 4 persons aged 5-15 years old).
We do not accept any parental or supervisory duty of care or liability for anyone under 16 at the event.
If you are attending with someone 5-15 years old, we would encourage you to register with our guardianship scheme.
If you’re lucky enough to look under 25, you may be asked for proof of age at the gates, so please bring acceptable valid photographic ID.
Access to Bars is restricted to persons 18 and over. A challenge 25 policy will be in operation at the event and you may be asked for proof of age.
You must bring valid and current photographic ID with you. The following types of ID are acceptable at the festival:
- Current UK or Overseas Driving Licence
- Current UK or Overseas Passport
- UK only 18+ PASS scheme card
- Young Scot Card
- Ireland Age Card
- Overseas Only Valid National ID card
- Forces ID Card
This is in line with the national Challenge 25 policy.
Note: Photocopies of ID and expired Passports do not count as valid ID. Anyone found in possession of Fake ID will be refused entry. The ID will be confiscated and passed to Police Scotland.
attending with someone under 16
If you’re attending the event with someone under 16 years old, we strongly recommend that you register your contact details via our guardianship process and take the guardianship form to our event welfare team on arrival. The young person will be provided with a wristband that helps to identify them and reunite you in the unfortunate event that you should become separated. The form will be available here to complete soon.
The location of the welfare team will be available on the event map nearer to the event.
what I can and can't bring with me
What can I bring with me?
- You can bring - blankets, cameras, cigarettes, dancing shoes, ear plugs, hand sanitiser, hats, lip balm, make up, smiles, sunscreen, sunglasses.
What can't I bring with me?
- Please don’t bring a bag into the festival arena unless it is essential. Bags larger than the size of a sheet of A3 paper will not be permitted.
- No chairs, professional cameras, drugs, flares (you’ll get charged by the Police), glass or metal/hard plastic bottles (incl perfume/fragrance), smoke canisters (you’ll get charged by the police), flags, selfie sticks, umbrellas, weapons, frisbees/boomerangs.
- See a full list of prohibited items here.
- Please be prepared for delays on entry for bag searches and ticket checks.
terms & conditions
SECURITY & STEWARDING
Event stewards play a key role in ensuring you have a safe and enjoyable event. If you find yourself in trouble or needing help, let our stewards know as they are trained to assist you and direct you to our other services if required.